Hello, I’m Josh!
I’m an accredited public relations practitioner, hold a degree in communications, and have practiced school public relations and marketing since 2011.
In 2020, I left public school district communications to seek a new opportunity with Finalsite, which provides robust websites for school districts that are easy to manage.
- School website consulting
- School website design and development
- Consultant for public school communications strategy.
- Social media management
- Special projects & campaigns
- Digital communications & marketing
- Diversity & inclusion advisor and presenter
- School bond & referendums
- School campaign development w/ four-step process: Research, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation.
Educational Sales Consultant
- Used a strategic communications mindset to build
strategic digitals communications plans.
- Developed the district’s first integrated digital communications
plan, which included the 2018 redesign of MNTC’s district
website, mntc.edu. The award-winning redesign resulted in enhanced
branding, increased site speed, and enhanced user experience.
Online enrollment increased by 25%.
- Supervised and led staff development and training related to
- Coordinated and served as a liaison for stakeholders,
legislators, and other key communicators.
- Helped develop the communications plan for the district’s 2016
bond measure. The bond passed with a super-majority.
- Incorporated social media advertising, search engine
optimization, and email marketing to help engage current and prospective students.
- Advocated for the development of Diversity & Inclusion initiatives. In 2020, Diversity & Inclusion was added as a Core Value.
The founder and organizer of the annual #ROAD2NSPRA campaign. Since 2016, have helped raised $5,000+ for the NSPRA Foundation through special apparel fundraising.
NSPRA VP at-Large for Communication Technology and Innovation (October 2020 – September 2022)
- OKSPRA President (2020 – Present)
- OKSPRA VP of Membership (2018 – 2020)
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
- LERN Certified Marketing Professional
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) – Government, Public Policy, & Political Science
University of Central Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma